Monday, January 20, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2014!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! The first week here in Buena Park has cruised by. I am very excited to work in this district and I believe the other missionaries feel the exact same way. It is an exciting time to be in the Buena Park 3rd Ward now that it is fully part of the Anaheim California Mission. The day of transfers, we were able to meet up with Hermana Noel and Witham(they were serving in one of the two areas we now cover) to talk about their area book and become more familiar with their current investigators. We also traded important contact information in our phone so we could just get right to work. When I recieved transfer calls and heard that the two original Anaheim areas were going to be combined, it helped me to recognize how much trust the Lord has in me to cover such an area. We have made contact with almost all our current investigators, and visited most of the recent converts that live in our area. This area has a lot of active members, less-active members, part member families, recent converts, formers and current investigators and I am just excited to get to work. With all that is going on in these two areas we now cover, I imagine sooner rather then later, it will go back to two seperate areas, but for the time being, we are going to stay extra busy. That is how I like it anyway, staying super busy. I pray that the Holy Ghost will guide us to be most productive with all that we have in our hands. There truly is nothing better then being super busy with the greatest work on earth. I am not trying to brag when I say this, but then again I am; full-time missionaries have the best job ever!
 
Elder Huesca is my new companion. I cannot describe him in words, but I can tell you one thing about him that I recognized early on and that is that he has a great desire to serve the Lord and his heart is in the right place. I also know that having him as a companion is truly a blessing. I know that there are things I need to learn from him as well as he needs to learn some things from me. Although it might not be easy sometimes, I will always remember no companionship is perfect and I am grateful for any challenges I may have. He will be ending his mission in three months(two transfers) and I will be with him at least until then. We are both very excited for our "trio" to start and begin training our companion who will be coming in the next two weeks. I am unsure exactly when he will arrive. I am stoked though. Once he comes, the companionship will only speak Spanish basically, because if he is coming from Peru, he could very possibly not know English. Elder Huesca is still learning English. In fact, for the majority of the time, we speak Spanish together. I am grateful for that. I truly have been blessed with fluent speakers as companions during my mission, I love it.
 
Last week, we visited Famlia Solis whom I taught in the past and eventually Baptized. Hermana Solis is a single mother of four and her and her son Kevin(11) were Baptized. Her daughter Ashley was not baptized because she only had 7 years, but when we visited them last week, the first thing Ashley asked me was, "Elder Harvey, I turned eight in December, will you Baptize me?" I was filled with joy not only to see them again, but to see the desire Ashley has of following the example of Jesus Christ as well as the example of her mother and be baptized... and want me to do perform the ordinance. What an honor. We spoke to Hermana Solis and the familia on three different occasions last week and concluded that Ashley will be ready to be Baptized January 12th(next Sunday). She will have a Baptismal interview with Obispo Becerra next week. This will not be a convert Baptism because her mother has already been Baptized, but one we are going to try to get all our current investigators to. We have a few other people that are planning to be Baptized this month, as well as in the month of Febrero(It is easier to spell in Spanish haha). 
 
I am grateful for all the support I have been given. I thank you all for your prayers in my behalf. I love you all and think of you often. I leave you with a portion of my developing testimony that Jesus is the Christ. He literally is the head of this Church. Jesus Christ is my friend and because of Him, I can be cleansed from sin and feel His influence every day of my life. I love my Heavenly Father very much and nothing is of greater worth to me right now then to fulfill my sacred role as a servent of the Master. The Book of Mormon cannot be proven wrong by anyone, but rather can soften the hearts all those with real intent and bring them unto Christ. This is the work of the Lord. We have a living Prophet today because Heavenly Father loves us. We have another testament of His son, Jesus Christ which is The Book of Mormon because He loves us. The Priesthood and the fulness of the Gospel has been restored upon the earth because He loves us and wants to fulfill His purpose as our Father in Heaven. Have a wonderful week everyone everyone.
 
-Elder Harvey
 
Photos:
 
Elder Ramirez and I on transfer day
Previous District photo 


No comments:

Post a Comment