Monday, January 20, 2014

ITS MY BIRTHDAY!



I feel that I say this nearly every week, but every time I say it, I really do mean it; a lot has happened this last week. We had a good week as a companionship. This past week, I have felt most unified with Elder Ramirez. I have been more open with my righteous desires and I feel that doing so has brought us closer together. I know that the little righteous habits make a huge difference in Missionary Work. Hermana Rosalva has progressed a lot this past week. She has already read through the book of Mosiah and is feeling more prepared to enter into covenant with our Heavenly Father and be Baptized. She mentioned yesterday at church that her father is sick in Mexico and that she will be going there this week to visit him. Therefore, she will not be back by December 29th, which was the original Baptismal date we set with her. She asked us at church, "When will be your next Baptismal service because I will not be here on the 29th?" We told her, "The following Sunday which is January 5th.." and she replied, "Okay, I will be Baptized on this date then." Hermana Rosalva is ready to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be Baptized. She may not understand all that she wants to about the Gospel, but nobody does. During our family home evening with the Stake President, President Villegas taught the Gospel; Faith, Repentence, Baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. He explained that perfect knowledge or understanding does not come before Baptism, Faith and Repentance do. I personally believe that if one understands the covenant that they are making during Baptism and is willing to keep that covenant, he or she can be Baptized. Hermana Rosalva is one of those people. She has faith in Jesus Christ. She wants to be cleansed from sin and understands the covenant she will be making when she is Baptized. I am very excited for her to be Baptized on January 5th. She is a very sweet lady.
Last week, we had a Christmas Devotional as a mission and it went very well. I am unsure what other missions allow, but the California Anaheim Mission gets to watch a movie approved by the mission President together. This year, we watched "Despicable Me" and it was very funny. I had not seen the movie previously. To be completely honest, it was a stress reliever. I really enjoyed it. Our district has come up with something for this Holiday season and it has been a lot of fun. My district includes five companionship's, so we have decided to go caroling December 21st-25th for two hours each day as a District in each of our areas. We are singing to recent converts, less-active members and current investigators. Everyone has appreciated it and I enjoy leaving each home we visit with the Spirit of this Holiday season. In fact, caroling on Saturday brought a couple less-active members to church on Sunday.
Online Proselyting is going well. To be completely honest, I am still trying to familiarize myself with Facebook as I did not use it as much as others before the mission and I have noticed that it has changed slightly. I am slowly getting used to it. I know that if the Lord has asked that we use online proselyting tools though, he will help me catch on quickly so that I can be productive with His time. We were actually only able to get on three times this last week due to our schedule, but I look forward to increasing my productivity and knowledge with these resources we have been given. What a privilege it is.
Well, that is about it for this week. I really am looking forward to speaking to the family on Christmas morning. I miss all your voices and faces. I believe that 11:00am will be the best time to Skype. We will be at Junior Mayans house as he invited us over for Christmas. I will be giving a phone call prior to set it up, but I am unsure when. I love you all very much. Take care!
-Elder Harvey


No comments:

Post a Comment