Tuesday, June 11, 2013

QUITE A TRANSITION


Mason was transfered and has many changes. Enjoy! 

Hello Everyone,
 
A lot of things have happened this week. New area, new companion, two companions and the area I am serving is car area. My companions were of my district, Elder Waite and Elder Flake. Their third could companion the had, Elder Bunker was transferred to the South zone and my old companion, Elder Martinez ended his mission last week. So, I took Elder Bunkers place and am now serving in their area and where Elder Martinez and I were serving, there is now Sister missionaries. I hope you all wrapped your head around that, becuase there was a lot of changes. It has been hard this week putting my first area behind me. I was thinking about those we were teaching all day, every day and now being transferred, I need to re-focus to new investigators that I do not know. I am also not able to teach our recent convert, Diana anymore. I have learned that transferring is hard on the missionaries who truly build that christlike charity towards those they teach. I love those investigators I had. I care so much for their Salvation. It has been hard, but I know Heavenly Father directs His servants through a mission President. Shortly after recieving the phone call that I was going to be transferred, it did not settle in immediately. It was after I realized that 10 out of the 13 investigators we had were Sisters. Sister missionaries are now serving in my first area. I know have been transferrred to this area for a reason, and I look forward to finding out. I know the Sisters will do great in the area. I will also be able to greet those old investigators at church as these two areas are within the same ward boundaries. I wish I was still serving on a bicycle, but I am in a car now. I was blessed the first twelve weeks of my mission to be riding a bike and strengthening my leg. The Lord has given me countless blessings as I continue to live up to [Doctine and Covenants 4]. The Gift of Tongues is real. Learning a language is hard, but it is easier when you are stand worthy for the Gift of Tongues. I have noticed during lessons at times that the Holy Ghost and the Gift of Tongues just take over. As I listen to the investigators with full charity, my replies meet their needs. My dedication to learn the language has not slowed down, nor the blessings I recieve by being obedient. The secret to the mission is obedience. I have never been closer to my Heavenly Father then I have been here on my mission. The miracles continue to come to pass and the work of Lord is not slowing down, but only speeding up. I leave you with my testimony,
 
The Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored by our loving Heavenly Father through Jospeph Smith who had the same question many do today. Many churches are found throughout the world in many different cultures, but with all the assurity of my heart, I know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only church which holds the proper authority and priesthood of God and is being led by a living Prophet today. The evidence of this truth is found in the Book of Mormon and can only be understood by those who follow the invitation from Moroni that we read in [Moroni 10:3-5]. I know that many hunger for this knowledge and at one time or the other, everyone will have the opportunity to recieve the restored Gospel through Faith, Repentence, Baptism, Recieveing the Gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. It is my prayer though that it is sooner, rather then later in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 
 
I love missionary work. I love service. I love the people here that I am teaching as well as the members. I love my new companions. I love all the blessings I have recieved from Heavenly Father and the support I have recieved from home. I love letters from home too. Have a great week.
 
-Elder Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment