Tuesday, August 20, 2013

CRUISIN' BY


Another great week for Elder Harvey! Enjoy!

Dear Family and Loved ones,
     Another wonderful week has passed here on the mission. I cannot believe we are all ready half way through the month of August. The more I get lost in the work, the faster time goes by. This past week was very successful. We had four solid investigators at church yesterday and we are preparing for one of their Baptisms this Sunday, Hermana Arce. She is a married mother of four and we have been teaching her for three weeks now. She has been well prepared [Alma13:24] and will be Baptized this Sunday. We are still working with the rest of her family, but they are currently not receptive. I have a strong feeling that the family will eventually follow the example of Hermana Arce and be Baptized as well, but that will all happen in the Lords time. We are teaching Hermana Sanchez as well with two of her kids. They have come a long ways being former investigators. We have a strong teaching pool right now as Heavenly Father continues to bless us with some of His elect. Speaking of Hermana Arce and Irma Sanchez, we are actually going on splits tonight and teaching both of them. Elder Waite and Elder Flake are going to teach Hermana Arce tonight and I am going to be with Hermano Lopez(Ward mission leader) and His family and we are going to have a combined Family Home Evening with Hermana Sanchez and her family. I know that both lessons will be wonderful as these investigators are progressing well in the Gospel. Have I mentioned I enjoy splits and exchanges. They are great ways to learn and magnify your calling as a misisonary. I still recall my first split with Elder Martinez and it was weird being seperated from eachother as companions at first, but I really do enjoy it now and we learn a lot from doing them. I must mention that this last week, I planned for my busiest day so far on the mission. It was on August 8th. We had ten set and confirmed appointments. Let me tell you, for this mission at least, ten set and confirmed appointments is a lot for one day. I felt a little guilty at the same time, because we skipped out on our daily hour language study. Then again, I suppose the teaching in Spanish could make up for it. We were forced to do two seperate splits that day. The Lord has truly been keeping us busy with His work. I am very grateful to be here at this time serving a mission. Even though I am in a car area, the sun is still getting me really tan here in Southern California. I love the scriptures. I love the Ward I am serving in. I have no complaints about my companions whatsoever. We continue to see miracles every day. I love all you back home. I pray that all continues to go well. Until next week, take care of yourselves. 
 
-Elder Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment