Monday, September 9, 2013

EVERYTHING IS NEW!!!

Elder Mason Harvey is an Uncle now!!!! He also had a great week!!! Enjoy!!

Hello Familia (including my new nephew; Wesley Dean Fisher),
 
How is everyone? It seems that last week was not only a busy week here in California, but also in Idaho. Let me just say that when I read the e-mail with the news of a new nephew not to long ago, I got goosebumps all over and a big smile as well. I am so grateful that all went well. I truly appreciate every picture that was sent my way of baby Wesley. I love you all very much and am grateful for the family Heavenly Father has blessed me with. My love for my family has grown tremendously on my mission. I wish I could see that little boy, but instead I will hear him say my name in a year and a half. For the record, this past week, I had impressions that this was the week that the baby was going to come and sure enough, I checked my e-mail, and I read the news. I love you Kenzie and Shaun.
 
This past week was transfers, we got a new companion and we also had a Baptism this last Sunday. It has been a very busy week, and I have really enjoyed it. Familia Sanchez was Baptized this last Sunday and it went very well. I had the privilage of Baptizing the mother, Hermana Irma Sanchez. What a spiritual experience it was. This family has come a long ways to say the least. I really have enjoyed working with these investigators both before and after Baptism. It has been really neat seeing the growth with these people. This week, there will be five members of the Ward in whom I taught during my mission, so this Ward is really growing on me. I dread transfers every six weeks. I love this Ward and the people I am serving. I said good-bye to a couple Elders who I made friends with that ended their missions this last transfer and that was not easy either. Elder Waite who was my companion is now a Zone Leader and serves in a YSA Ward. A lot happened this last transfer. There was many changes made. I am pleased that I was not moved to a different area and will be here for at least another six weeks. We had splits as a companionship for a couple hours one day last week and I drove for the first time on the mission. It felt good to get behind the wheel since it had been a while. We continue to see progress in this area and we have a few more Baptisms set up for the month of September. I have found a way to send pictures home from the mission; by having Baptisms. This area that I am serving is well on its way to having close to ten Baptisms this transfer, including the three Baptisms we had just last Sunday. Missionary work is really exciting right now. I know that nothing is stopping this work either. It will just continue to grow and grow. Being a missionary is not easy, but I know the Lord blesses His servents, the missionaries according to their efforts and obedience. I have grown a lot on my mission and these principles will benefit me for the rest of my life. I am literally becoming more Christlike. I love my Savior. I know that He lives. I know that the Gospel has been restored and we have been blessed with all that we need to recieve eternal salvation in the presence of our loving Heavenly Father. Choose today [2 Nephi 10:23]. I love you all. I miss you all. Have a great week. Stay classy!
 
-Elder Harvey
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment