Thursday, October 3, 2013

TAKE JOY IN YOUR TRIBULATIONS

Hello Everyone once again,
 
I recall the last week I gave report on was very busy, but I could argue that this past week was at least as busy. At many times during the week, I felt there were more things to do then there was time. I recall one evening, I had the desires to call President Bowen right then and there to ask for two more cars as there is three of us and we take three Priesthood holders with us and be in three different places at once. Our daily plans get down to the minute at times. Companionship slits(each Elder goes with two other Priesthood holders to two seperate lessons at the same time) has happened on a normal basis here during this transfer. We are continuing to teach our recent converts, Familia Sanchez. They are just amazing. I gave Ricardo one of my ties last week as he shows up to church every week in a suit. This past week, Familia Sanchez actually came out to a couple lessons with us to be a member present. They came to teach Familia Solis who was Baptized this last week. Hermana Sanchez bore strong testimony of the importance of The Word of Wisdon as she had a minor problem with it before her own Baptism. Hermana Sanchez had to drop coffee and Hermana Solis had to drop coffe as well. Hermana Sanchez was the perfect fellowship for Hermana Solis to overcome this trial the week of her Baptism. We managed to teach Familia Solis the rest of Lesson 5 to fully prepare them for their Baptismal interviews.
 
We also had the chance to teach Linda Martinez who was the original former and daughter of Hermana Sanchez. Linda Martinez is 22 years old and does not have much religious background even though she has been studying with different religions throughout her life. She was taught by missionaries a few years back. This former record is what actually lead us to Familia Sanchez. She was present at the Baptism of her own family, Familia Sanchez and we started to teach her ever since. We are hoping for her to be Baptized in the next 6 weeks which falls into next transfer. I am not sure if I will be in this area, because this transfer ends in two weeks, but no matter what happens, I will be present at her Baptism, because it will be AWESOME! This family has come a long ways and I am so greatful that I had the opportunity to be the missionary to invite and help them recieve the Restored Gospel.
 
Familia Campos will be Bapized next week if all goes as planned as well. They are a wonderful family, unfortunately they are not married though. We are still working on helping her recieve proper identification so that she can get married to the father of their children. What I love about them though is that they both want to get married. In the Spanish culture more then the American culture, marriage is not important at all. They want to get married and the family wants to be baptized. This week, our focus is to inform Hermana Campos that recieving indentification from Mexico will take a couple weeks in order for them to be married and that she must live the Law of Chastity to be Baptized and confirmed a member of the Church. With every investigator, there are bumps in the road. It is all part of missionary work. 
 
This transfer has been very busy. I believe though, the busier a missionary is, the better off you are. It is not easy being a missionary, but it is worth it. I have noticed myself become more and more Christlike every day on the mission. I am grateful for my tribulations and trials. I take joy in them, because without them, I could not become more like my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that is our purpose in this life; to become like Him. I know that Christ lives. I know that Christ was a wonderful missionary during His ministry on the earth and I am grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to represent Hhs Son, Jesus Christ in His vinyard. 
 
I apologize for the shorter e-mail this week, but being in a public library, if it is busy, time is shortened. I love you all very much and thank you for the support. I pray often that all is well back home. Have a wonderful week everyone!  
 
-Elder Harvey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment