Friday, March 1, 2013

11 DAYS LEFT IN THE MTC

Elder Harvey's time in the MTC is quickly coming to an end.  He is having very spiritual moments and loving it. In this email Elder Harvey refers to the MTC as CCM (Spanish translation).  ENJOY!

Dear Family and Friends,

It is amazing how fast time has cruised by here in the CCM. I think that my zone full of great people has helped made this experience wonderful. I have enjoyed every minute here and it is weird to think that I leave in eleven days. It is official, I am a month through my mission. Again, the days are long, but the weeks are short, the weeks are short, but the months are long, the months are long, but the two years are short. I have been tremendously blessed while serving here. This past week, I was a host for the first time. A host is when I stand out on the curb with many other missionaries and greet new missionaries arriving to the CCM. I open their door, give the new missionary a handshake, grab their bags and take them away. We are also asked to emphasize to the mothers that their son or daughter is in good hands to make them feel good. It brought back the memory of my first day. My first day honestly feels like it was only a week or so ago, but in all reality, it was over a month ago. Yesterday, my district and I were informed that our travel plans are here. That announcement really blew me away. I am going to be knocking on someones door, not knowing what or who is on the other side. I am nervous, but at the same time, I am confident. I am nervous because I do not want to mess up in Spanish and I want to connect with the people. I am confident because I know my Heavenly Father is knocking on the door with me. I know that if I continue to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost, the Holy Ghost will teach the lesson, not me. This past week had a sad day as well. My district was informed that we were going to receive a new teacher and say good-bye to one of our current teachers; Hermano Acuadra. It was sad because we have built a strong relationship with him as a district. I am going to take a picture with him today as today is our last Classroom Instruction with him. I have loved my teachers here in CCM. Hermano LeBron and Hermano Acuadra are amazing teachers that have wonderful insights that have strengthened me as a person.

I ran into Elder Seth Wilson the other day and I had my camera on me so I had to take a picture with him. I have seen him quite often actually here and there and it is nice to check in with someone that is from home. Seth said he is doing great. I usually go and say hello to him in the cafeteria after I am done eating with my zone. Why don't you just sit by Elder Wilson during meals? We are asked to sit as a zone and Elder Wilson is in a different zone. Soon, I will say my last good-bye to Elder Wilson, but I know he will be a great missionary in Chile. I hope the Ward back home is doing great. I wish I could express all my love for each and every family in the Ward back home, but there is not that kind of time here in the CCM. Every day here in the CCM is busy. The best way I could probably explain is by simply taking a picture of my schedule. Or you could as someone who has served a mission. I will not waste a minute on my mission, because that would be wasting one of the Lord's minutes. This is His work. There is no greater desire I have right now then to be here serving the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength. 

I think the biggest thing that happened this week is what I am about to share with you. It was a very special evening this last Tuesday night. We were blessed to be taught by Elder M. Russell Ballard from the quorum of the twelve. My companion and my district sat in the middle, three rows back from the podium. He was within ten feet of my companion and I. His message was very powerful and I will never forget it. As missionaries, we are blessed beyond measure. He shared that every Thursday, on the fourth floor of the Salt Lake City Temple, the quorum of the twelve and the first presidency have a prayer circle on our behalf as missionaries. How powerful that prayer must be. That was very pleasing to hear. He also emphasized that the Lord has always trusted young people. That is true when I think of Nephi and Joseph Smith. Elder Ballard sealed a blessing unto all of us that we may always be worthy of the Lords trust as we teach people the Gospel with His name in the largest font of our name tags. The name of Jesus Christ is the first words you see on the name tag. We are asked to honor that responsibility. He testified that there is not one question or circumstance we cannot handle. That our Savior is our companion as well. The best missionary knows that Jesus is the Christ, that the Atonement is the greatest gist we have. These words coming from an Apostle of Christ made it more real. I am grateful for the leadership of The Church. The words of the Brethren are words coming from our Heavenly Father. He closed by saying, "Blessed are you and those who know this truth and believe, but more blessed are those who do not know this truth and still believe." His message was clear, our responsibility as missionaries is simple. We need to invite others who want to know the truth, but know not where to find it. I love this calling as a representative of Jesus Christ. I know God has prepared people in Anaheim for me and I look forward to finding them.

I hope all is well back home. I greatly appreciate the updates on Elliott Aunt Monica. I am so happy all is well with him. By the way, there is no such thing has sending too many DearElders. They are greatly appreciated. I am running out of time here on the computer, but I continue to write in my journal daily. My leg is doing great. I work on it every day. I know that it will not be a problem for me in the field. I am thankful for that. I am able to run and I can do a lot now compared to what I was able to do before I left. I am not one of the missionaries that gain weight here in the CCM. I weigh still around 140lbs. Okay, the next missionary is breathing down my neck for this computer to e-mail. HAHA my time is over. I will now write a few letters and prepare for a Temple trip. Those never get old, take my word for it. Love ya'll! Write me, DearElder me! I have only week and a couple days left. 



-Elder Harvey

THIS IS ELDER WILSON

THIS IS ELDER HARVEY'S ZONE

No comments:

Post a Comment