Thursday, July 18, 2013

A WEEK FULL OF TENDER MERCIES

Great week for Elder Harvey! Enjoy!


Hello Everyone,
        I have learned that the rough weeks are followed by great weeks. The tender mercies from Heavenly Father came day after day this week. We have had a hard time getting investigators to church this whole transfer. In fact, even last transfer before I got here, not one investigator had come to church. You all can guess what I fasted for on the firstSunday of this month. This past week, we focused on flooding our area with The Book of Mormon and the importance of coming to church. We adjusted how to extend the commitment and did all that we could to get our investigators to church on Sundaywhich was yesterday. I fasted and prayed many times throughout the week for this miracle to happen as it had been over three months since one investigator had come to church. Sunday morning before church, I knew we did our best in inviting investigators to come to church. We even made phone calls and knocked on doors on Sundaymorning. Yesterday, we witnessed a miracle. Six investigators came to church. The chaos in finding fellowship for each investigator and knowing who to sit by during church was worth all the work we put into the week. Every week before, we sat together without investigators. Yesterday, we were all with two investigators each sitting in the congregation. Another wonderful statistic from this past week was that we had twenty-nine lessons; almost half with a member present. Misisonary work is not easy. I would not be able to do this work for two years if I did not know that it was true, but because I know that it is true, I have not wasted a minute of the Lords time. As children of our Heavenly Father, we are blessed according to our obedience. No effort is wasted in missionary work and all effort is worth it when you see the investigators being taught by the Spirit at church. We have been teaching these investigators week after week and watching them progress in the Lords time makes it all worth it. I am so grateful for the Lords work. As Alma, missionary work is my joy. I have no greater desire then to be a vessel for the Lord in His work. We are His representatives. I care for the Salvation of our investigators, not that they are just baptized. My charity towards my Savior, my family and those I teach grow every day here on my mission. I feel the love of my Savior as I invite and help others recieve the restored Gospel. The principles I have learned and will learn cannot be bought and have eternal significance. Transfers are today. We recieved a phone call this last Saturday and we were informed that we are all going to continue to serve here. I am very grateful for that. I felt that there is more work that I need to do here before I am transferred and I am glad that Heavenly Father feels the same way. We have an exciting transfer in front of us and a few Baptisms too. I notice that the miracles and tender mercies we see every day on the mission are desirable. Seeing the Holy Ghost work through investigators is addictive. I know that Christ lives. I know that he is the head of this work. I am here at this time for a specific reason and I understand why more and more each day. Have a wonderful week! I love you all and am grateful for all the support I have recieved. Take care everyone!
 
-Elder Harvey
 





No comments:

Post a Comment